Chelsea's Bridal Party
1) How did you choose your wedding colours/theme?
We love retro looking stuff so we were going for a throwback tropical 60s theme. We found some really great colour pallets from that era on Pinterest and used them as a guide.
2) How long did you have to plan your wedding and was it enough time?
We had about 6 months. I would say it was just enough time. Any less and it would have been too stressful, any more and it would have given us time to be wishy washy and not get stuff done.
3) What was your favourite part of the wedding planning process?
My favourite part of the process was collaborating with my husband. We knew we wanted it to be different and we knew there were no rules, which really allowed us to create our own unique style.
4) What was the best moment of your wedding day?
The best moment of my wedding day was exchanging vows with my husband and then witnessing him vow to my 5 year old daughter as well. Don’t rush that time, just soak it in.
5) We’re really honoured that we got to be a part of your special day! Why did you choose Thedaintyard?
I chose Thedaintyard because they had the burnt orange colour that I was looking for, they had reasonable prices, and they also send a tube top of the same colour with their maxi dresses which my bridesmaids said makes it a lot easier to create their look and adds extra support.
6) What advice would you give to other bride’s planning their wedding?
There are no rules. Think outside of the box with music and decor. Work with your fiancé to make it your own. Keep it simple. We didn’t do any of the reception traditions (games, garter, bouquet toss etc.) except first dances and speeches. Don’t make your guests sit through a bunch of nonsense when they’re starving or they want to hit the dance floor. We just had retro thrift store vases on our tables but we put exotic flowers in them and everyone loved it. We didn’t have any ceremony decor except flower highlights on our arch and no one batted an eye. Go all out on the must haves, food, music, drinks and whatever else you value as a couple and everything else won’t matter.
7) What 3 words would you use to describe your wedding day?
Sweet, fun, Perfectly us!
Photos credit to :
Instagram : @brookealiceon